Sequin dresses have always been a symbol of glamour and sophistication. From red carpets to weddings, they never go unnoticed. But when it comes to accessorizing them, many women get confused about what jewelry to wear with a sequin dress.
While some opt for simple and subtle accessories, others like to go all out with their bling. So, which one is the right way? Well, we’ve got a complete guide for you to make your life easier.
Consider the Color of Your Sequin Dress
The color of your sequin dress plays a huge role in deciding the type of jewelry you want to wear. For a silver or white sequin dress, go for accessories that match the hue. For instance, diamond or silver studs, choker or long chain with a pendant, and a bracelet with similar tones.
For a gold sequin dress, choose golden or rose gold jewelry. You can style it with a simple chain with a small pendant, hoop earrings, and simple bangles.
- Match the hue of your jewelry with the color of your dress
- For silver or white sequin dresses, choose silver or diamond accessories
- For gold sequin dresses, opt for golden or rose gold jewelry
Balance Out the Shine
Sequin dresses have a lot of shine, which means the jewelry you choose should always balance out the bling. For instance, if your dress already has heavy beading or diamond sequins, go for lighter jewelry or vice versa. You can pair a statement necklace with stud earrings or vice versa. Remember, balance is the key.
- Balance out the bling with your jewelry choices
- If your dress has heavy beading, choose lighter accessories
- A statement necklace can be styled with stud earrings
Take the Occasion into Consideration
The occasion for which you’re wearing a sequin dress also determines your jewelry choices. For a cocktail party, you might want to choose a statement necklace, hoop earrings, and a bracelet with a little sparkle. For a wedding, you can opt for diamond studs, a delicate chain with a small pendant, and a tennis bracelet.
- The occasion for which you’re wearing a sequin dress matters
- For cocktail parties, style with a statement necklace and hoop earrings
- For weddings, choose delicate diamond accessories
Consider the Neckline of Your Dress
The neckline of your dress has a lot to do with the type of necklace you choose. If you’re wearing a plunging neckline, choose a pendant necklace that falls right into the cleavage area. For a halter neckline, skip the necklace and go for statement earrings or bracelet. For a sweetheart neckline, you can style your dress with a choker and studs.
- The neckline of your sequin dress affects the type of necklace you choose
- Plunging necklines go well with pendant necklaces
- Halter necklines can be styled with statement earrings or bracelet
Go for Complementary Colors
If you’re not sure about matching the hue of your dress with your jewelry, you can always opt for complementary colors. For instance, choose blue sapphire studs if you’re wearing a red sequin dress, green emerald earrings for blue sequin dresses, and so on. Complementary colors always stand out and add a pop of color to your outfit.
- Complementary colors add a pop of color to your outfit
- If you’re not sure about matching, go for complementary colors
- Blue sapphire studs go well with red sequin dresses, green emerald earrings work well with blue sequin dresses
Keep Your Hair and Makeup in Mind
Your hair and makeup also play a huge role in deciding your jewelry choices. If you’re going for a sleek and sophisticated look, opt for simple and subtle jewelry choices. If you’re going for an edgier look, go for statement necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. Your hairdo also affects the jewelry you choose. Tie your hair in a sleek bun to show off your statement earrings or style it in loose waves to show off your necklace.
- Your hair and makeup affect your jewelry choices
- For a sleek look, choose simple and subtle accessories
- For an edgier look, opt for statement pieces
Choosing the right jewelry to wear with a sequin dress is all about balancing out the shine, matching the hue, and considering your hair and makeup and the occasion. Don’t be afraid to experiment with your choices and always remember that there’s never too much bling when it comes to sequin dresses. So, go ahead, and pick out your favorite accessories, and shine on!